AUSTRALIA/INDIA – Applicants seeing delays at Australian High Commission in India
The High Commission does not offer any type of expedited visa processing, so planning ahead is essential.
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Visa applicants at the Australian High Commission in India are experiencing delays due to high seasonal demand.
What does the change mean? Those submitting business and tourist or visa applications at the High Commission should expect delays and plan accordingly.
- Implementation timeframe: Immediate and ongoing.
- Visas/permits affected: Business and tourist visas.
- Who is affected: People applying for business or tourist visas at the Australian High Commission.
- Impact on processing times: Applicants should anticipate that visas will take upwards of 30 days to process.
- Business impact: Business travelers may need to adjust timelines if their visas are delayed.
BAL Analysis: The delays at the Australian High Commission have been attributed to high seasonal demand and are expected to continue for the next two or three months. Those in need of visa services should expect delays as described above. The High Commission does not offer any type of expedited visa processing, so planning ahead is essential.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2017 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.