Melbourne Chapter Meeting on the 2nd November 2017 was titled “How Can Global Mobility Influence Its Stakeholders? ” and hosted by Deloitte.
The role of global mobility is evolving in response to a more complex and challenging environment. In many cases the role of the global mobility professional is still viewed internally within the organisation as an operational function, rather than a strategic business partner.
How do you, as a global mobility professional, elevate your role within the business so you are called on when there is:
- International expansion and entry into new markets
- Costing for project bids
- Talent management and retention decisions being made
Andrea Au, Global Workforce lead for Deloitte in Australia delivered a presentation on changing the conversation around the global mobility function.
The objectives of the session were:
- Understand trends in the market, how participants see the role of global mobility and how the role has changed
- Share challenges with influencing key stakeholders
- Discuss ways to influence key stakeholders
Importantly, prior to this event a survey was sent to those that had registered to attend the breakfast for their thoughts to a series of questions related to this topic. Andrea shared the responses with the room along with her research findings and from this further discussion ensued.
See the slide deck for the detailed statistics on the survey results.
Want to know more about the Melbourne Chapter Meeting or receive updates on future events? Please email Aysegul Kayahan