Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Visa - Is Business Ready?
Join us as our panel of experts explore recent developments, highlight the areas yet to be clarified by the Department of Immigration and discuss what business is doing to manage the immigration changes and planning for the introduction to the TSS visa.
Discussion will include:
- Transitional arrangements for certain 457 visa holders to apply for permanent residence under existing pathways
- The new Skilling Australians Fund Levy and how this will be administered
- Labour Market Testing and International Trade Agreement exemptions
- Renewal restriction in respect of occupations on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and impact on workforce planning
- Increased compliance focus with the new 'naming and shaming provisions', data sharing arrangements and tips for developing a robust immigration compliance program
- Nicky Brophy, Global Mobility Specialist at Ericsson Australia
- Simon Pryor, Executive Director, Infrastructure and Regulation at Business Council of Australia
- Chris Spentzaris, Accredited Specialist in Immigration Law, Partner at Fragomen Global LLP
Wednesday, 14 February, 2018
07:30 to 09:30AM
Level 26, 500 Collins St Melbourne
- Complimentary to Corporate HR.
- £75 for global mobility suppliers, per person, assuming the supplier has a valid Supplier Membership of £350.