The ABC of the GDPR
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will enter into force, introducing stringent new data protection obligations for European (and often also for non-European) businesses.
In this session, we will discuss:
- the scope of the GDPR, and in particular when the GDPR applies to non-European businesses.
- the main new data protection obligations introduced by the GDPR, including the concepts of privacy by design, the concept of accountability and the obligation to appoint a data protection officer.
- how the concepts of privacy by design and accountability in the GDPR impact the internal processes of a business.
- the rules applicable to international transfers of personal data, in particular in relation to data collected from or used by an expat employee.'
Inge Vanderreken, Partner- Employment & Benefits at Allen & Overy
Peter Van Dyck, Partner at Allen & Overy
Thursday, 14 December, 2017
03.00-03.30PM Welcome and registration
05.00-06.30PM Networking reception
Location and host:
Allen & Overy,
Tervurenlaan 268A 1150, Brussels
- Complimentary to Corporate HR.
- €120 for global mobility suppliers, per person, assuming the supplier has a valid Supplier Membership of €400