Cyprus: EU Posted Workers Directive Implemented
Employers sponsoring posted workers for new assignments in Cyprus must now notify the Ministry of Labor and provide detailed information on the posting, according to the rules outlined in the EU Posted Workers Directive.
Effective immediately, Cyprus has implemented the 2014 EU Directive on the posting of workers. Employers sponsoring posted worker for new assignments in Cyprus must now notify the Ministry of Labor and provide detailed information on the posting.
New Notification Requirements
Employers based in an EU Member State who post workers for new assignments to Cyprus must now provide a written notification of such postings to the Ministry of Labor, whereas this was not required previously. The notification must confirm the following information;
- The name and address of the host company in Cyprus;
- The name of the person in charge of the posted worker(s) in Cyprus;
- The exact address where the posted worker will provide services;
- The full name and address of the entity to whom the services will be provided;
- The dates of commencement and termination of the assignment;
- The nature of the work to be performed by the posted worker; and
- Whether there are other employees in Cyprus with the same terms and conditions of employment.
Although no specific deadline has been established yet, employers must notify the Ministry of Labor of any changes in the nature of the post as soon as they are known. Employers must notify the Ministry of Labor one month prior to the expiry of the posting in order to obtain consent or approval for a renewal.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals
Employers and foreign nationals submitting posted worker applications in Cyprus will need to take these new requirements into account when preparing applications.
Fragomen can assist with the notification process and ensure notifications fully comply with the new requirements.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.