INDONESIA – Pakistan removed from extra-scrutiny list for visa processing
Pakistani nationals will now be able to obtain visas through the same processes that other nationals enjoy, which is expected to improve processing times.
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Indonesia has removed Pakistan from the country’s Calling Visa Country List, a change that will ease the visa process for Pakistani nationals traveling to Indonesia.
What does the change mean? Indonesian missions around the world will be able to process visa applications from Pakistani nationals without first having to send the applications through Jakarta for additional vetting.
- Implementation timeframe: Immediate and ongoing.
- Visas/permits affected: Single-entry business visas and multiple-entry business visas.
- Who is affected: Pakistani nationals obtaining visas to travel to Indonesia.
- Impact on processing times: The change will improve processing times for Pakistani nationals traveling to Indonesia.
- Business impact: Officials hope the change will boost both business and people-to-people ties between Pakistan and Indonesia.
BAL Analysis: Pakistani nationals will now be able to obtain visas through the same processes that other nationals enjoy, which is expected to improve processing times. Applicants should note that Pakistani nationals still remain ineligible for Indonesia’s visa-on-arrival program.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group and our network provider located in Indonesia. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2017 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.