SINGAPORE/INDIA – Singaporean authorities add requirements to group visa process
The changes increase documentation requirements for business and tourist groups traveling from India to Singapore, and they should take note of the changes.
IMPACT – MEDIUM
The Singapore High Commission has announced new requirements for group-visa applicants in India.
- Effective immediately, business groups traveling from India to Singapore must include the following in their applications:
- Completed visa forms
- Passports with six months of validity from the date of travel
- Two passport-size photos (80 percent face coverage, matte finish with white background) for each traveler
- A letter on letterhead (from the organizing company) authorizing Jetsave, the authorized agent for Singaporean visas, to process visas on behalf of the group
- An invitation letter from a Singaporean company
- A mobile phone number for each traveler
- Copies of air tickets for each traveler
- Tourists groups traveling from India to Singapore must include most of the documents listed above, but not the invitation letter. Additional documents required for tourist groups are (1) hotel confirmations in Singapore for each traveler and (2) the land arrangement from the Singapore tour operator.
- Authorities reviewing applications may request additional documentation in on top of what is listed above.
BAL Analysis: The changes increase documentation requirements for business and tourist groups traveling from India to Singapore, and they should take note of the changes. Applications that are missing some documentation may be unnecessarily delayed.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group in Singapore. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2017 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.