Updated Topic: 2017 Global Immigration & Tax Year in Review
Due to recent events, FEM have decided to change our topic for Chicago’s December 5thmeeting to “2017 Immigration & Tax Year in Review."
There have been several changes in the global immigration landscape in 2017 related to regulations, legislation, executive orders and site visits resulting in the need for increased compliance. BAL attorneys and former government officials Kelli Duehning, Senior Counsel and Stephanie Lewin, Senior Associate, will be discussing the recent changes in the global immigration landscape and how to comply with the current changes.
In addition, on November 2, 2017, the House Ways and Means Committee released the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act”. The draft bill currently contains a number of changes that may have a dramatic impact on the mobility industry. Jennifer Stein, GTN Great Lakes Managing Director, and Rachel Paul, Partner at KPMG, will review the proposed changes and lead a discussion on what changes and impacts may need to be addressed by mobility program managers in the near term, even before the legislation is finalized.
- Stephanie Lewin, Attorney, Global Immigration, BAL
- Jennifer Stein, Managing Director, Global Tax Network
- Kelly Duehning, Senior Counsel, BAL
- Rachel Paul, Partner, KPMG
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
08:00AM - 11:00AM
University Club Downtown
Chicago - 76 E Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603
Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP
- Complimentary to Corporate HR or Corporate Mobility resources that are involved in the administration of their company’s mobility program.
- $150 USD for global mobility suppliers, per person, assuming the supplier has a valid Supplier Membership of $550