Tanzania: Employers of Foreign Workers Must Appear at Immigration Department by November 4
Employers of foreign workers in Tanzania must appear at the Immigration Department by November 4 to verify the residence status of their foreign workers. Failure to timely comply with this process will result in a fine and imprisonment for the employer.
Employers subject to urgent new requirement.
A closer look
The Immigration Department is requiring employers in Tanzania to verify the residence status of their foreign workers by November 4.
- Verification process. Employers must appear at one of the Immigration Department's district offices to present the below documents:
- One letter per employee confirming that foreign national's employment; and
- Confirmation page of each employee's work permit from the online Permit Information Verification System (PIVS) .
- Approval process. The employer can pick up the Immigration Department's confirmation documents within one business day of submission.
- Noncompliance. Failure to follow this procedure will result in a fine and an eight-month imprisonment term for the employer.
- Background. This process is intended to confirm the authenticity of foreign workers' residence permits.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org