Croatia - Clarification of Record-Keeping Requirements for EU Posted Workers
The Croatian authorities have clarified the form and content of declarations for posted workers.
The Croatian Minister of Labour and Pension System has adopted ordinances that clarify the documentary requirements for posted workers implemented in July.
A closer look
The clarifications are as follows:
Effective date. The ordinances are effective November 4, 2017.
Declaration requirements. Declarations obtained on or after November 4 will require the following more detailed information from the employer than previously required:
- The main business activity of the employer;
- Full name, number of identification document, date and place of birth of person authorized to represent the employer;
- Full name, number of identification document (identification card or passport), date and place of birth and residence of document-keeping agent;
- Full name, number of identification document (identification card or passport), and residence of contact person; and
- Address where service will be provided or work will be performed.
Valid declarations. Declarations that are valid as of November 4 will need to be supplemented with the following additional information:
- Full name, number of identification document (identification card or passport), address, telephone number, e-mail address, date and place of birth of document-keeping agent;
- Full name and address, number of identification document (identification card or passport), telephone number and e-mail address of the contact person; and
- Statement from the employer containing wording from the ordinance on form and content of declaration on posting.
Notification of changes. All changes to the posting must be reported to the authorities within three days of the change.
Multiple workers. Employers may list all posted workers working on the same project at the same time in one document.
Employers without offices in Croatia. All employers without an office in Croatia must file a posting declaration prior to posting an employee in Croatia.
Employers posting workers to Croatia should work with their administrative department to ensure compliance with the new requirements. Fragomen can help ensure that employers fully comply with the new requirements.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.