Brazil: Guidelines Regulating New Immigration Law Published
The Ministry of Labor has released some guidelines that provide detailed information regarding the new immigration law that was implemented on November 21.
The normative resolutions released by the Ministry of Labor today outline requirements for twelve immigration categories within the new migration law implemented on November 21, 2017.
A closer look
The normative resolutions cover information on the below immigration categories:
- General rules for all categories;
- Local work contract Visa (valid for up to two years);
- Technical assistance Visa without a local employment relationship (short term - valid for up to 180 days; and long term - valid for for up to one year, with a simplified process);
- Technology transfer Visa without a local employment relationship (valid for up to one year);
- Visa for cruise personnel (valid for up to two years);
- Maritime Visa (valid for up to two years);
- Visa for services rendered to the Brazilian government (valid for up to two years);
- Visa for international agreements (valid for up to two years);
- Visa for representatives of financial institutions (valid for up to two years);
- Visa for legal representatives of non-profit entities (valid for up to two years);
- Visa for company legal representatives or members of the board of directors (valid for indefinite duration); and
- Concession of residence authorization, when mandated by law (valid for indefinite duration).
The normative resolutions will provide a framework for Brazilian governmental authorities to begin accepting and adjudicating new applications under the new law.
Fragomen is reviewing the normative resolutions and will provide further details shortly.
Fragomen in Brazil is Fragomen Brasil Serviços de Imigração Ltda., operating exclusively as an immigration consultancy and not as a law firm in Brazil.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to email@example.com