Romania: 2018 Quotas Available
The Romanian government has released the 2018 work authorization quota numbers.
The Romanian government has released the 2018 work authorization quota numbers. Per the 2018 quota, the following work authorizations can be granted to foreign workers:
- 4,000 spots for permanent workers (33% increase from 2017)
- 1,200 spots for seconded workers (71% increase from 2017)
- 700 spots for intracompany transfers (unchanged)
- 500 spots for highly skilled workers (unchanged)
- 400 spots for seasonal workers (unchanged)
- 100 spots for trainees (unchanged)
- 100 spots for cross-border workers (unchanged)
- Pending applications. Applications submitted before the quota numbers were released will now be processed.
- Rejected applications. Applications for local hires and seconded workers which were rejected after November 15, 2017 as a result of the quota being exhausted may need to be resubmitted. Fragomen will contact affected foreign nationals to confirm next steps.
Romania uses nationwide annual quotas to restrict the total number of work authorizations that can be granted.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to email@example.com.