China: Company Re-Registration Requirement in Beijing
Effective immediately, companies in Beijing who sponsor foreign national employees are advised to re-register with the local Exit and Entry Administration. Failure to do so may impact applications filed with the local Public Security Bureau.
Employers sponsoring foreign nationals are required by the Public Security Bureau (PSB) to re-register their accounts with the Exit and Entry Administration.
A closer look
- Registration. Employers register by providing the required documents to the PSB. Employers will only have to re-register once in order to update the company’s current registration in the new electronic PSB system introduced in December 2017, which has replaced the registration books issued by the PSB.
- Required documents. The documents required for re-registration include:
- A completed Company Information Sheet. Please contact your Fragomen immigration professional for assistance in filling this out.
- A copy of the employer’s Business License.
- Immediate registration required. Employers who do not have PSB registration books or whose registration books have expired will need to re-register immediately.
- Registration prior to registration book expiry. Employers whose registration books are still valid can continue to file applications with the Exit and Entry Administration, but will need to complete re-registration prior to its expiry.
Impact on Employers
- All employers are encouraged to re-register immediately, even if their PSB registration books are still valid, in order to avoid any unexpected complications or delays when filing foreign national employees’ Residence Permits and related applications with the Exit and Entry Administration.
- Since the registration system is now electronic, employers will not have to undergo an annual review of their registration books.
Fragomen China will closely monitor whether this company re-registration requirement will be implemented in other cities and provide updates once available.
Fragomen in China is Fragomen (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., operating exclusively as an immigration consultancy and not as a law firm in China. This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to CNInitiations@fragomen.com.