Russia: Changes to Document Requirements
The Russian government has made a number of changes to document requirements for corporate and individual work permit applications. • The passport validity requirement has increased; • Requirements for passport photographs are more detailed; • Signature requirements for application forms are stricter; and • Applications may be rejected if they contain pencil notes. Processing times for standard (non-highly skilled) applications have also slightly increased.
The Russian government has amended document requirements and processing times have increased for standard (non-highly skilled) applications.
A closer look
The changes to document requirements for corporate and individual work permit applications are as follows:
- Passport validity. Passports are now required to be valid for one and a half years from the date of application, which was increased from one year.
- Passport photographs. The photo size and image size of passport photographs have changed and new quality requirements have been introduced.
- Application form signatures. Application forms must now be signed by persons with signatory power in their own right, such as a Chief Executive Officer, and may not use a Power of Attorney. The signatory’s job title must be mentioned with the signature.
- Pencil notes. Documents submitted as part of a work or residence permit application may not contain any notes made with a pencil.
- Impact. Foreign nationals should ensure that they are in compliance with the new requirements before submitting any applications.
The processing time for standard (non-High Qualified Specialist) work permit applications increased to 15 business days, from the previous processing time of 10 days.
- Impact on foreign nationals and employers. Foreign nationals applying for work permits and employers should take this longer period of time into account when calculating start dates.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.