Ukraine: E-Visa to be Introduced
The Ukrainian government has approved the procedure for issuing e-visas, which will result in e-visas being available shortly.
E-visas will be available shortly in Ukraine, although an exact date for their implementation has not yet been released.
A closer look
- Purpose. E-visas will be valid for tourist or business purposes only. Foreign nationals will not be able to conduct work under the e-visa.
- Eligibility. E- visas will only be available for nationals of particular countries.
- Duration. E-visas will be single entry and will be issued for a period of up to thirty days.
- Consular fee. The consular fee for an e-visa will be USD 65.
- Timeline for application. The e-visa application should be filed no earlier than three months before the contemplated date of arrival, and no later than 10 business days before this date.
- Application procedure.
- Foreign nationals will be required to register on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where they will fill in the application form, upload a photo and scanned copies of the required documents (passport identification page, health insurance, confirmation of sufficient finances and documentation confirming the purpose of the visit), and pay a consular fee.
- Foreign nationals will then receive confirmation of a successful application which can take up to nine days. The issued e-visa (or rejection which will contain an explanation for the grounds of refusal) will be sent to the foreign national’s email specified in the application.
- In case of refusal, the foreign national can file another application.
- The e-visa will be issued as an electronic document that should be printed out and shown at the border checkpoint.
Impact for employers and foreign nationals
- The e-visa is expected to ease pre-entry formalities for business travelers or tourists who require a visa to enter Ukraine.
The applicable law has already provided for the creation of an e-visa, but there were no regulations governing how e-visas were to be issued until the government’s latest announcement.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to email@example.com.