Angola: Tourist Visa Exemption Expanded
A reciprocal tourist visa exemption has been created for nationals of Botswana, Mauritius, Seychelles, Singapore and Zimbabwe
At a Glance
- A reciprocal tourist visa exemption has been created for nationals of Botswana, Mauritius, Seychelles, Singapore and Zimbabwe; and
- The application process for the tourist visa will be simplified for nationals of 35 other countries.
The President of Angola has issued a decree that will expand the tourist visa exemption in Angola for five countries and will simplify the application process for the tourist visa to nationals of 35 other countries. Both rules will be effective March 30, 2018.
Visa exemption - a closer look
- Eligible nationals.
- Nationals of Botswana, Mauritius, Seychelles, Singapore and Zimbabwe will be able to enter Angola for tourism without a visa. This is in addition to those already allowed to enter Angola without a visa.
- Angolan nationals will be able to enter those countries without a visa for tourism as a reciprocal policy.
- Stay rules.
- Eligible tourists can stay in Angola for up to 30 days per entry, and up to 90 days per year cumulatively. Business or work activities cannot be performed under a tourist visa.
- The duration of stay for Angolan nationals in the above five countries depends on the rules in each particular country.
- Business or work activities cannot be performed under a tourist visa.
- Impact. Eligible travelers will no longer need to apply for a tourist visa prior to travel and will no longer be subject to visa costs, as entry will no longer require pre-approval or a fee.
Simplified application process - a closer look
- Eligible nationals. In addition to the above policy, nationals of the following countries will be eligible for a simplified tourist visa application process:
- Cape Verde
- East Timor
- EU Member States
- New Zealand
- People Republic of China
- Russian Federation
- Sao Tome & Principe
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
- Vatican City
- Impact. The actual process and simplified requirements have not yet been published but are expected to be announced by the government at a later date. Fragomen will report on these details when this information is published.
This alert is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to email@example.com.