Philippines: Additional Requirements for Alien Employment Permit Applications
• Starting April 2, 2018, the Department of Labor and Employment will require employers to submit new application forms and additional corporate documents for Alien Employment Permit applications. • To avoid delays, employers should submit the additional corporate documents to Fragomen as soon as possible and should contact their Fragomen immigration professional if they need assistance in obtaining documents.
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is requiring employers to submit Alien Employment Permit (AEP) applications on a new application form and with additional corporate documents. Previously, these documents were not required when applying for an AEP.
Along with the new application form, certified true copies of the following corporate documents must now be submitted for AEP applicants:
- Mayor’s Permit / Business Permit certified as true copy on every page by the local government’s Business Permit and Licensing Office;
- Certificate of Registration and Articles of Incorporation certified as true copy on every page by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); and
- Updated General Information Sheet certified as true copy on every page by the SEC.
- Affected employers. Employers of foreign nationals applying for a Section 9(g) Pre-Arranged Employment Visa or a Section 47 (a)(2) Special Non-Immigrant Visa are required to obtain an AEP and will be affected by these new requirements.
- Immediate action required. To avoid delays, employers should submit the additional corporate documents to Fragomen as soon as possible and should contact their Fragomen immigration professional if they need assistance in obtaining documents.
- Planning in advance. Employers and foreign nationals are strongly recommended to plan initial and renewal applications in advance to ensure that all required personal and corporate documents are prepared for a timely filing of the applications.
We worked closely with Follosco, Morallos & Herce in Manila to prepare this alert. It is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the global immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen or send an email to APCCInitiations@fragomen.com.