Webinar - Immigration Compliance – What is it, Why your business needs it, and How to do it
I want to invite you to a webinar that I’m presenting on Immigration Compliance – What is it, why your business needs it, and how to do it. When: 10.00am Tuesday 13th August 2019 (45 min) Presenter: Jackson Taylor | Partner
Immigration compliance is an emerging field of concern for many employers. The creation of the Australian Border Force in July 2015 signalled a change in the government’s approach to dealing with non-compliance with immigration laws. Current penalties for employing non-citizens contrary to their work rights carry significant penalties for businesses and can directly impact company officers and senior managers. Other consequences can include reputational harm and loss of access to sponsored visa holders.
In this session I will cover:
- The source and nature of immigration compliance obligations
- Outline of offences and penalties for non-compliance
- Recent cases involving non-compliance
- How to manage your obligations through effective systems and processes
The session will be particularly useful for:
- HR professionals
- In house counsel
- Small business owners
- Anyone responsible for managing business obligations to visa holders
Reserve your seat today. Even if you can’t make it, this will ensure you get the recording. Hope to see you there!
When: 10.00am Tuesday 13th August 2019 (45 min)
Presenter: Jackson Taylor | Partner