Hedvika Gibbs, Killian Philpott and Alyce Wallace of Fragomen spoke on the following agenda:
- Immigration update –Australian immigration changes in the last twelve months
- New Regional Framework –how does this impact on Perth and WA?
- Workshop: Changing immigration risks and how to thrive in an environment of disruption
TEMPORARY SKILL SHORTAGE VISA:
- Key issues include ability to demonstrate relevant experience; scrutiny of ‘genuine position’; some companies still struggling with Labour Market Testing requirements and STSOL –Genuine temporary entrant requirement
- Review of occupation lists- Traffic light bulletin published December 2019 with final outcome expected March 2020
- Accredited sponsorship - new category introduced with significant benefits
- Compliance - Working in nominated occupations and sponsorship notifications
Global Talent Independent (GTI) Visa:
- Launched in November 2019
- 5000 places in migration program
- Priority sectors Global Talent Officers
- EOI/Invitation only
Global Talent Employer Sponsored (GTES):
- Pilot program commenced in July 2018
- Permanent program from August 2019
- TSS labouragreement stream
- Established business path/ Start‐up path
NEW REGIONAL VISAS –16 NOV 2019
491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) - under 45 years; nominated by State/Territory or eligible relative living in a designated regional area; points tested; occupation on relevant occupation list; 5 year visa
Condition: Must live, work and study only in a designated regional area at the time the visa was granted (all visa holders)
494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) - Under 45 years; sponsored by an employer; have a suitable skills assessment in occupation from relevant list; 3 years full‐time work experience in the occupation; certification by Regional Certifying Body; 5 year visa
Nomination criteria: Minister is satisfied that the position is genuine, full‐time and likely to exist for at least 5 years. Other criteria such as market rates, genuine position, LMT applies.
191 (Skilled Regional) Permanent - Commences 16 November 2022.
- Subclass 491 & 494 visa holders can apply after 3 years living and working in a regional area.
- No employer or State/Territory sponsorship.
- Must have substantially complied with conditions of a 491 or 494 visa
- No conditions on permanent visa
Conditions: Must work only in the nominated occupation as in the visa granted to the holder (primary visa holder). Must live, work and study only in a designated regional area at the time the visa was granted (all visa holders)
- Identify immigration/visa risks
- What is the company response?
- What is your role?
- Is there a solution?