The end of the 457 visa and the start of the Temporary Skills Shortage Visa
On Tuesday 15 May, the Brisbane Chapter Meeting will provide a detailed update on the Temporary Skills Shortage visa and associated changes, including the Skilling Australians Fund Levy and impact on permanent migration pathways. With the legislation now finally released it is clear that this is the most extensive change to employer sponsored migration in many years and the complexity of the changes have the potential for far reaching implications to recruitment and mobility practices into Australia.
Fragomen will provide an overview of the changes and an examination of the impact on business and workforce planning. We will then facilitate and encourage participation in an open discussion of how business is managing the affects on mobility policy and experience.
The sharing of experiences and practical, strategic recommendations from attendees and immigration experts Fragomen, aim to help participants thrive, not just survive, in the new regime.
Points for discussion will include:
- Benefits of accreditation - enhancements by the Department of Home Affairs with the aim to enable faster processing of the TSS visas and nominations;
- The importance of understanding and meeting sponsor obligations within the framework of Departments increased compliance focus;
- Restrictions on renewals for employees in occupations on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and impact on workforce planning;
- Impact of Labour Market Testing provisions on Intra Company Transfers and renewals for incumbents;
- The need for reassessment of recruitment practises, remuneration structures and employment contract provisions, costs of mobility and involvement of legal teams in immigration.
Following the overview of the changes, we welcome attendees to share their experience so far with implementation of the changes to immigration law in the first 2 months and how these changes have affected mobility policies and practice.
Tuesday, 15 May, 2018
07:30am to 09:30am
Level 15, 300 Queen Street, Brisbane
- Complimentary to Corporate HR.
- £75 for global mobility suppliers, per person, assuming the supplier has a valid Supplier Membership of £350