Global Mobility trends -insights from GM Asiapac survey, GM US conference discussed:
- 53 organisations participated in the survey, 159 global mobility policies between them.
- Macro Trends of Populism & nationalism; issues around Trust, security & privacy and the Demographics of the workforce
- Mobility is changing - everyone is mobile; need for policy alignment, matching rising employee expectations; increasing role of data and the continuing compliance related impact of Business Travellers.
- Tax Landscape – greater need for transparency and preparedness for enforcement; audit readiness. Social security considerations and rising cost of noncompliance
- Operating Models - push for efficiency; review of vendors, technology, processes and consideration of alternative employing entities
While there is growing demand for greater ‘employee experience’ yet there is limited personal choice in policies (only 15% of policies offered choice).
Increasing interest to work flexibly internationally yet policies do not reflect this (only 2% offer “all roles flex” type policies).
- 85% of companies expect mobility to increase in the next two years
- 64% of companies predict an increase in short term assignments
- 57% of companies predict an increase in business travellers
- PwC survey results indicate that Global Mobility policies have not adapted to include new types of globally mobile employees and hires
Roadtable discussion on:
- What are your current challenges?
- Where are your areas of focus and quick wins?
- What is the reality of the mobility function/role in your organisation in 2020?
How do we see global mobility continuing to evolve?
Some key take aways from PwC discussion: Future policies will make greater use of mobility data in order to refine offerings. The greater use of technology and data collection will enable this. Strategic mobility will become a more intentional part of companies' people strategies. Managing the reality of global roles with people simply moving -to meet business needs. Employers and governments will partner in enhanced tax and immigration compliance
PwC kindly shared their slide deck with participants.