FEM Houston Chapter Meeting 10/12/16
Please join us for the FEM Houston Chapter Meeting on October 12.
Preparing for the Ripple Effects from BEPS (Base Erosion and Profit Sharing)
BEPS will have an impact not only on tax departments and tax compliance, but also on the manner in which many enterprises conduct business overall. Companies will need to reconsider and potentially realign their business models, especially their supply chain and finance and treasury functions. For some companies, the changes will be minor. For others, it will be a complete game-changer.
When reviewing business models and developing strategic plans for any necessary restructuring or realignment needed in the countries where they operate, MNCs should consider a broad range of factors. Among them are:
- EY - Why Base Erosion and Profit Shifting matter?
- Tax impact
- Market and competitive dynamics
- Intellectual property strategy
- Legal entity structure
- Relationships with tax policy makers and administrators Planning for acquisitions and dispositions
Kshipra Thareja, People Advisory Services, Senior Manager, Americas Leader – Global Employment Organizations
Kshipra is the Americas Leader for Global Employment Organization Services for EY, which are special purpose entities designed to facilitate mobility in both an administratively efficient and tax effective manner. This is a highly specialized area of tax which combines income tax, social security, employer reporting and withholding, indirect taxes, transfer pricing, accounting, and permanent establishment knowledge and experience to assess risks while identifying recommendations for structure and process improvement. She has worked with companies of all sizes and my experiences with all types of organizations and mobility programs. Her vast and varied experience enables her to provide meaningful practical guidance to the companies with whom she consults.
Wednesday, October 12
11:30AM - 01:00PM
EY, 5 Houston Center, 1401 McKinney Street, Suite 1200, Houston, TX 77010, Room 11.1073
Parking available building parking garage
- Complimentary to Corporate HR or Corporate Mobility resources that are involved in the administration of their company’s mobility program.
- $150 USD for global mobility suppliers, per person, assuming the supplier has a valid Supplier Membership of $550.