Can I get paid by a US employer while working remotely in a different country?

One of the global effects of the COVID pandemic is a rise in acceptance of remote work, and that has opened up opportunities for new or continuing employees to be hired abroad.  If a US employer wants to have you work remotely from your home country, there are ways to do that without too much...

Like Comment


Whether you are a current US employee who needs to relocate home for personal reasons, or if a US company wants to hire you as a new employee in your home country, this article will explain the solutions and answer your questions about remote international employment.

How to get paid by a US company while living in a different country

The best way to get paid by a US company to another country is through an employer of record (EOR) solution.  The EOR is a legal entity in your own country that is able to fill the administrative role of employer, while the US company still manages your work and schedule.

How does an employer of record work?

The EOR will be engaged by your US employer to provide payroll and tax services for you in your home country.  The employer of record will apply all of the local employment and labor rules to ensure that you receive all of the benefits you are entitled to, as well as calculating the correct tax and social contributions.

You will sign an... read more

Shield GEO makes international employment simple. Our customers use Shield GEO to employ and payroll hundreds of workers in over fifty countries. Find out more.

Tim Burgess

Director, Shield GEO Services Ltd